At the end of this course and assessment you would be able to answer/discuss the below questions with a lot more clarity and confidence.
- What is the best approach to making crop choice & crop variety decisions?
- What criteria should farmers used to get the most appropriate seeds for their cropping?
- What is the difference between a chemical and organic fertiliser?
- When to use what type of fertiliser?
- What method/s will ensure optimal fertiliser usage?
- What are different ways to irrigate a crop?
- What criteria should farmers use to choose the irrigation method?
- What are pests?
- What are different pest management methods/techniques?
- What are crop diseases?
- How do you manage crop diseases?
- What digital innovations are supporting effective disease management?
- What are weeds?
- What are different weed management methods/techniques?
- What criteria should a farmer adopt in making his harvesting decision?
- What are the best practices to adopt for harvesting?
- What preparations should a farmer make in relation to getting optimal price (returns) for their produce?
- What measures can a farmer adopt to minimise losses post harvesting?