At the end of this course and assessment, you would be able to answer/discuss the below questions with a lot more clarity and confidence.
- Who are smallholder farmers?
- What are the financing challenges faced by small & medium scale farmers?
- What approaches/solutions are currently popular in resolving smallholder finance issues?
- What is value chain finance?
- Under what conditions would value chain finance work for small & medium scale farmers?
- What elements need to be taken into consideration while designing a value chain finance product?
- What are the Interesting developments and opportunities to look for in Agri-finance?
- What is traders' credit?
- What is input suppliers' credit?
- What is an agribusiness/marketing company’s credit?
- What innovations are being used to build a credit profile and credit score for smallholder farmers?